S.C. UZINA MECANICA CUGIR S.A.
The history of the factory dates back to 1799, when the steel manufacturing workshops were founded in Cugir, one of the first metallurgical factories in Transylvania, steel profile. The reasons which led that time Austro-Hungarian authorities to set up this factory in Cugir were mining practiced around the settlement and favorable natural conditions. The quality of the steel produced here was appreciated both inside and outside the Austro-Hungarian Empire borders.
The expansion of the facility began in 1926, through the construction of new production halls. The war led to the militarization of the plant which, at that time, was managed by specialists in the field of modern weapons manufacturing. Parts and assemblies for artillery techniques were produced during the cooperation with the London company "Vickers Armstrong Ltd." The takeover by the Czechoslovak firm "Zbrojowka-Brno" led to a redesign of the production for infantry weapons and ammunition, based on documentation license. During the Second World War, the German concern "Herman Goring" took over the compnay's shares.
The accumulation of high experience and high technical potential ensured the success in designing and putting into production the first Romanian-designed weapon, 9mm caliber submachine gun, Parabellum, "Oriţa" type. Further industrial developments in Cugir are related to the plant, creating over the time a well-known brand named CUGIR.
Today, SC Uzina Mecanica Cugir SA owns the investment "Manufacturing modernization of ammunition and infantry weapons by assimilating NATO products." By purchasing the manufacturing lines for NATO products, the company has a technological base comparable to renowned manufacturers in the defence industry. The procurement of equipment and technology related to the manufacture of Boxer anti-corrosive primers and infantry ammunition 5.56 x 45, 7,62 x 51 and 12,7 x 99 calibers leads to a high level of automation, low energy consumption, special accuracy in production, high quality finished product, flexibility, high labor productivity. From a strictly technical point of view, the company acquires modern technologies for brass case and non-corrosive ammunition (NATO specific), that opens a wide perspective concerning subsequent assimilation of other types of ammunition.
During its history of over 200 years of permanent activity, the excellent quality of our products and services, for special and civil products, made us famous all over the world.
“Quality” represents a strategic objective for S.C. Uzina Mecanica Cugir S.A. The company has held a Quality Management System certification since 1995, issued by the prestigious certification body TUV SUD Management Service GmbH – Germany.
In 02.08.2011 S.C. Uzina Mecanica Cugir S.A. successfully passed the recertification audit of our Quality Management System, valid until 02.08.2014. The certificates, available in German and in English, are presented beside:
In May 2012, S.C. Uzina Mecanica Cugir S.A. obtained from the Ministry of National Defense, Armament Department, the Certification for the implementation of a quality management system according to AQAP 2110 (NATO quality assurance requirements for design, development and production) applicable for Manufacturing of armament and ammunition.
|NATO Type Ammunition|
|Ammunition: cal. 12,7x 108mm|
|Ammunition: cal. 14,5 x 114mm|
|Cal.9x19mm Pistol * NEW|
|Cal.12,7 x99 mm Machine Gun|
|Cal.12,7x108mm Machine Gun|
|Cal.14,5x114 mm Machine Gun|
|Cal. 23x115 AIR TO AIR CANNON|
|Autumn Festival 2007|
|Autumn Festival 2008|
|Autumn Festival 2010|
|Black Sea Defence & Aerospace 2010|
|Black Sea Defence & Aerospace 2012|